Sunday, May 10, 2009

Saturdays Market...


Here is a picture of the Saturday market in Cumberland. No customers yet, this picture was taken as vendors were setting up. I was on the end, so I am standing outside my tent and shooting down the market. I'll tell you a secret. I like to be on the end. Three reasons: I can greet the customers as they enter the market, keep track of the amount of customers that are coming to market (I keep a tally) and customers can catch me coming and going (2 chances for them to stop in and see what I have to offer). There was another vendor that showed up next to the tent of the left, he got lost coming to market and was a bit late. The market also turns the corner at the end, to the left. It was a great opening day for us in Cumberland.

The weather was beautiful and the customers came out to welcome us. We had about 15 vendors participate, that is not even half of the group. Many are farmers and are waiting for their veggies to come in, others have children in school and just can not commit to the market this time of year (family is very important to us all) and others had plans for the Mothers Day weekend. But 15 vendors, as you can see, creates a great market and it is only going to get bigger and better.


I sold lots of soap and many customers were really excited to learn more about all the new specialty soaps I had created over the winter. I enjoyed the sunshine and fresh air, chatting with my fellow vendors and dreaming up even more soap ideas.


Thanks everyone for your support, it is great seeing you at the market!

No comments: