Thursday, May 14, 2009

Gardeners Scrub

I have a fantastic soap for the gardeners out there. It's that time of year where you start putting your hands in the dirt and planting those seedlings. My Gardeners Scrub is my 100% vegetable soap recipe, with a bright fresh Lemon Verbena fragrance. Olive Oils and Shea Butter will help nourish dry, overworked hands. White cornmeal and poppy seeds add extra scrubbing power to help with the dirt and grit.

Find my Gardeners Scrub at the Farmers Market and here, on my website:

2 comments:

sproutsandsweetpeas said...

I hung a bar in an old onion bag at the faucet in my yard, but I just saw your Sisal Soap Saver bag, which would be so much better! (& keep the bugs from sticking to it in between times!)
Question: Can I use this out in the garden Ok? I usually like to wash up before I come in and wasn't sure if it would kill any of the plants, like regular soap would. I wash up in/near one of the flower beds out side so the runoff would be going there. It seems to be doing fine so far, but wasn't sure if I would kill them off long term.

Casco Bay Soap Co. said...

While I wouldn't recommend putting alot of soapy water on your plants and flowers, a little grey water or the runoff you talk about may not be harmful for your garden. Long time exposure to the soap may dry the soil out around the plants and rob them of nutrients. A quick wash should be okay. For a serious scrub, take it indoors just to be safe. Thanks for reading Casco Bay Soap Co blog! I appreciate your support.