Monday, November 29, 2010

NYA Craft Fair, Saturday Dec. 4

My last craft fair of the season is this Saturday, December 4th at NYA (North Yarmouth Academy) located on Main St. in Yarmouth.  It is my favorite and best craft fair.  I do hope that you can stop by. 


There are crafters in both the Gym and the Cafeteria.  I am located in the Cafeteria, and I love it there.  It is a smaller venue and thus quieter.  But that doesn't mean less of a crowd.  We are right off the front door and  Main St. is often buzzing with activity on this first Saturday of December.   Many of the Churches on Main St. also hold their craft fairs so lots of shoppers park and walk from craft fair to craft fair.  The Cafeteria also has the food.  They have coffee and hot cocoa, muffins and donuts in the morning and sandwiches, soups and chowders in the afternoon.  Many folks stop in for a bite to eat and shop the crafters at this time.    I love this fair because it is full of super talented crafters.  I bought some gorgeous recycled sweater mittens 2 years ago and last year some beautiful earrings.   I only have a minute to shop, and only with the crafters in the Cafeteria with me.  I am super busy at this fair and last year ran out of soap only 1/2 way through.  My husband had to make an emergency delivery of more soap to the fair! 

The fair is from 9:00-3:00, hope to see you there!

"The North Yarmouth Academy (NYA) Parents’ Association will host the Annual Holiday Craft Fair on Saturday, December 4, 2010 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in North Yarmouth Academy’s gymnasium (154 Main Street) and Safford Center cafeteria (148 Main Street) in Yarmouth. This annual event is held in conjunction with a town-wide holiday celebration. Over sixty vendors from across the state will present a diverse variety of crafts including artwork, photography, jewelry, candles, soap, alpaca products, blown glass, woodworking and much more. Enjoy a sit-down lunch at the NYA Café and listen to holiday music by the NYA Chorus. Gift wrap service is available. Money raised from booth rental fees will help support NYA teacher grant requests".

No comments: