Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Jumbo Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

I LOVE cookies.  Love them.  Crispy, chewy, chunky, warm, cold...love them! 

I worked for a cookie company for about 2 years after we first moved to Maine.  Yes, I'm still carrying around a few extra lbs. from that job.  We made plain Sugar Cookies sprinkled with coarse sanding sugar that just melted in your mouth.  Ginger Krinkles with a yummy amount of ginger, Chocolate Chip cookies with coconut that made them soo tropical-ish and chewy. 

I don't make cookies often, because I will devour them.  I have no control.   And I don't eat them often, because when I do, they have got to be the best.  I mean it.  No packaged cookies, no store bought cookies even from the bakery section, they have got to be really good.  This time of year, it's all cookies all over the place, and I will be making a few batches of my favorites.  First up, Jumbo Peanut Butter Cup Cookies.  And being a thrifty Yankee, I bought Peanut Butter cups on sale after Halloween and saved them in my freezer until now.  Bake up a batch on a cold wintry day and enjoy.


Credit for the recipe belongs here, at Tasty Kitchen: 


Jumbo Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Ingredients


½ cups Butter, Softened
¾ cups Smooth Peanut Butter
¾ cups Granulated Sugar
¾ cups Packed Brown Sugar
1-½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 whole Eggs
⅛ teaspoons Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
2 cups All-purpose Flour
½ cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
10 whole Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Unwrapped And Chopped

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 or 375 degrees (see note below).

In a large bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Stir in vanilla extract and eggs. Incorporate salt, baking soda and flour together into the dough until all ingredients are moist. Stir in chocolate chips and chopped peanut butter cups.

Roll cookies out between the palms of your hands to be the size of golf balls. Place 6 cookie dough balls on a lightly greased baking sheet and using a fork, press down to make a cross hatch pattern.

Note: For chewier and softer cookies, bake at 350 degrees for 11-12 minutes. For crunchier cookies with slightly soft centers, bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.

3 comments:

Splurge Sisters said...

Oh man those look divine. I'm the same way I don't like store bought cookies at all and I insist on homemade.

Casco Bay Soap Co. said...

They are divine! Soo good.
Thanks for commenting!
:)
Shannon

Elisa said...

These look delicious! I don't like to buy store bought cookies either. There is a feeling you get from a gooey, warm, home baked cookie that no mass-produced cookie will ever come close to satisfying. I'm saving this recipe until my family visits for Christmas so I can make them with my mom :)