Monday, April 26, 2010

School Fundraising Catalog



I am very very excited to be part of an exciting new local catalog! Those of you that have school age children are familiar with that dreaded time of year, fundraising. Your child comes home with a catalog filled with tins of popcorn or wrapping paper and needs to sell these items to raise money for their school. Wouldn't you like to actually buy something you really want, and support your local businesses? Well I would like to introduce, Close Buy Catalog. A fundraising catalog for Maine Schools

Close Buy has been created by the hardworking talents Masey Kaplan. I met her several months ago while selling my soaps in Falmouth during the Winter Market. She has secured some fantastic products all made from businesses here in Maine. The catalog will come out early November and students from 3 local schools will be taking orders for some very fine products. Just in time for gift giving season, the potential for a high amount of orders is great.

I met with Masey and we decided on some lovely gift sets for her catalog. I will offer a 4 pack of soaps and a 2 pack. My laundry detergent will also be available in the gift catalog.

Thanks Masey for choosing me to be part of your catalog! Now, I'm off to make soap....

1 comment:

sproutsandsweetpeas said...

That is so cool. What a great opportunity for you and the kids can learn the importance of supporting local businesses as well. It will be interesting to see what other businesses will be in it as well.