Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Yarmouth Clam Festival


Have you heard of the Yarmouth Clam Festival? Just the next town over from me, Yarmouth holds a super festival celebrating the Clam. For 45 years now, locals and tourist alike have gathered for 3 days of food, fun and everything clam.

I recently submitted my application to participate as a vendor at the clam festival. This is a big deal. I will have my application reviewed and my soap voted upon to receive entry to this event. If I am chosen to vend at the Clam Festival, I will be working long days selling my 100% vegetable soap to the masses. I am really looking forward to the opportunity! I do hope that they choose me. I enjoy the customer interaction that I get from the Farmers Markets and this will be 3 solid days of spreading the soap love.

The Clam Festival offers so many great things for the whole family. There is the Craft & Art show, that I have applied for and of course, lots of clam based foods (get them fried, steamed, in chowder or clam cakes and more). And also a parade, clam shucking contest, road race, fireman's muster, canoe & kayak race, bike race, battle of the bands, amusement park ~ whew! Lots and lots to do and see.

Yarmouth Clam Festival information here: YARMOUTH CLAM FESTIVAL

This year the dates are Friday, July 16, Saturday, July 17 and Sunday, July 18. Cross your fingers for dry weather!

No comments: