Friday, October 16, 2009

Okay, I Was On TV Once....

Okay, this could be a bit embarrassing for me, but I think you may find it interesting.

When I am not making and selling soap for you, my day job has me baking up the most delicious, dense, dark chocolate, fudge brownies you will ever sink you teeth into. I work as Head Baker and Director of Manufacturing for Simply Divine Brownies a mother-daughter bakery business located here in Freeport. Unwrapped from the Food Network was at the bakery last year, taped and produced a segment about our Chakra Cherry Brownie (which happens to be my favorite ~ a fudge brownie with whole tart cherries and chocolate chips and a crumbly dark chocolate streusel topping). Just a few weeks ago, the Food Network was back. This time tapping the whole brownie operation from beginning to end. We are scheduled to be on the show early 2010. In the meantime, here is a link to the Charkra Cherry Crumble segment from last year I thought you might enjoy.


Why did I mention it might be embarrassing for me? Because I have a speaking part! I was very nervous and there I am with a silly hairnet on over my ponytail. But it was all very fun and very interesting. For example, there really was only a film crew of 2, they were there for about 8 hours for only like 5 minutes of finished tape, and not everything is taped in order, but they managed to get it all straight in the end. It was a lot of fun and I was very interested in the whole process. Enjoy the video!

No comments: