Monday, June 28, 2010

My Trip Out To Bailey Island

Last week I made another delivery to Sea Side Creations on lovely Bailey Island. From Freeport it is about a 40 minute ride, but I'm not complaining.  It is such a nice ride!  Drive through Brunswick, then into Harpswell then three islands connect, Great Island, Orrs Island then Bailey Island. 



(This photo is from when they were just getting set up, a cute little island shop).


(My soaps, for sale at Sea Side Creations).

After dropping soaps at Sea Side Creations, I continued on to the bitter end of the island chain.  I took this funny picture of my GPS to show you how it is indeed an island.  And I was quickly coming to the end.  It gets narrower and narrower. 


And at the end is Lands End.  And there is Lands End Gift Shop.  Off the gift shop is a great big wooden porch complete with wooden benches and Adirondack chairs.  Here is the beautiful view at "Lands End".  It was a beautifully sunny day, the water was calm and there weren't that many people around.  I sat for 5 minutes and enjoyed the view.

No comments: