Thursday, March 12, 2009

Twitter


Have you heard of the new social network called Twitter? It is the third most popular social network and growing fast.

Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent messages. People write short updates, often called "tweets" of 140 characters or fewer.

For example, I just wrote " hmmmmm, what type of soap to make today?" That's it. Now my Twitter message or "tweet" goes out to my followers and they can read it and even respond.

The people I am following do the same. I even have Martha Stewart as someone I am following! She tweets all the time and I know what is happening with her shows before they happen etc. She isn't following me, as she has 98,139 followers, she can't follow (or doesn't want to) follow everyone. It would be out of control.

You can follow me, Casco bay Soap Co., by clicking on the "Follow Me On Twitter" button on the left side of my blog pages. If you don't already have a Twitter account, you can sign up for one very easily and it's free. Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat! I'll go sign up, I would love to follow you.

Anonymous said...

I will definately follow you on twitter, since my husband loves your lavender soaps!