Friday, March 6, 2009

Gluten Free Market & Bakery In Brunswick..


I had an opportunity to stop and make a quick visit to a new Gluten Free Market & Bakery in Brunswick that I heard much about.

While I am not suffering from a Gluten Allergies, my husband is Gluten Intolerant. I do have 2 friends that suffer from Celiac Disease, so I have much interest in the emerging Gluten Free Society. Wildflours peaked my interest and I wanted to check it out.

Proprietor Kelley Hughes and I chatted while I eyeballed her own fresh baked Whoopee Pies, Chocolate Glazed Peanut Butter Rice Crispie Treats, Giant Chocolate Chip cookies and other sugary treats. The market part of the store offered all sorts of Gluten Free groceries, like pastas, crackers, breads and more. I went home with the Chocolate Glazed PB Rice Crispie Treat and a loaf of Sami's Brick Oven Bakery, Millet & Flax bread from the freezer case. Both were very, very good.

While shopping and chatting I found out that Kelley and I are actually neighbors, living only about 1 1/2 miles from each other. What a small world it is sometimes.

I am all about supporting my local businesses. When you support local and handmade, you are supporting your own neighbors and putting money back into the community in which you live. I admire and am always inspired by someone who takes the leap and opens up there own shop. This is just one of the many things I love about Maine, the entrepreneurial spirit and the "can do" attitude. Good Luck Kelley!

If your in the Brunswick area, or want to make a trip, stop by and say hello to Kelley and be sure to tell her I sent you.

Wildflours
1 Mason Street
Brunswick, ME
207-725-7973

No comments: