Sunday, March 1, 2009

Shampoo Bars...


I just cleaned up the soap kettle...I mixed up a batch of one of my specialty soaps. Shampoo bars are something that I have been wanting to make more of. I was inspired to make shampoo bars after I found out my dear husband was using our "regular" soap bars to wash his hair. While this is perfectly fine, it gave me some inspiration to produce a bar full of oils that would be really beneficial to hair particularly.

I added Avocado Oil and Castor Oil to my already mild, and 100% vegetable recipe. The Avocado Oil is rich in proteins, amino acids, and vitamins A, D,and E and is moisturizing for your hair. Castor Oil helps to add thick bubbles. And there is already Olive Oil and Shea Butter in there from my "regular" base recipe.

One of the best parts about this shampoo bar is that I used a fragrance oil that is smells so incredible...a tropical, fruity, coconut, pineapple concoction. Oh, it smells too good! I can just imagine how it will smell when sudsing up.

Shampoo bars are good for either short or long hair. I have long curly hair and I use it. I simply lather up the bar in my hand first then add the soap to my hair. If you have shorter hair, you can easily rub a the shampoo bar directly on your hair to create a lather. While it won't create massive amounts of bubbles like you are use to with commercial shampoo, it definitely gets your hair clean, squeakily clean actually.
It doesn't bubble up like commercial shampoo because I have not added any extra chemicals, which are bubble boosters.

You can still use my shampoo bars for your body. This is a great bar to travel with, as it will eliminate the hassle of leaking shampoo bottles and pesky security measures at the airport. You have shampoo and soap in one convenient bar.

The shampoo bars will be ready in about 4 weeks, and can be found here.

Patience is a virtue....

No comments: