Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Something New


I have been wanting to try something new, but time doesn't always allow for experimentation. During the winter months, I do have time on my side as opposed to the middle of Farmers Market season. So I have a chance to "fool" around and play with new soap fragrances, appearance and new recipes. Although I have learned to not stray far from my original recipe, as it is perfect just the way it is.

I wanted to try layered soap. I already add botanicals and some color swirling with natural mica coloring. But I wanted a dramatic layering effect in one of my soaps. So, here I go.

I layered this lovely clean, crisp, ocean-y fragrance soap with a nice vibrant blue for the bottom and kept the top layer white. I was envisioning a perfectly straight line for the layer. I now see that I will have to work on that technique. But, I must say that I do like how the soap came out. I like the blue color, and really love the way the blue and white meet, almost wave like. Which is perfect for this fragrance. I'm not sure what I will call it...any ideas?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh! This looks nice! How about something like "Ocean Blue"?

sproutsandsweetpeas said...

I think you should call it "Sea Breeze". The "waves" of where the blue and the cream meet remind me of a windy ocean and the scent sounds like a crisp ocean breeze. (Too corny?)

Casco Bay Soap Co. said...

Ocean Blue and Sea Breeze are both great ideas! Thanks for your interest and comments.
I do have another "ocean" fragrance coming out, I may just use both names. :)