Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lavender Soap

One of my top selling soaps is Lavender. So popular, at times I simply can not keep up production to meet demand!

Lavender is a classic fragrance, enjoyed by young and old, both men and women. Lavender has been used for thousands of years. Most often used in perfumery, but also in medicine.

I use essential oil of Lavender in my soaps. Essential oils are distilled directly from a plant, leaf, flower, bark etc. using a still and a collection of steam. In the case of Lavender, the stem and flower are used. The Distillation process is a very complex one, on which I will blog about at another time. I do not distill Essential Oils myself, it would require quite a bit of raw product and a lot of space! 1 acre of Lavender will produce approximately 15-20 lbs. of oil in one year.

The scent of Lavender is said to calm the mind, ease stress and tension, aid in relaxation, influence emotions and state of mind.

My own Lavender soap...http://cascobaysoap.com/lavender.html

No comments: