Sunday, October 16, 2011

Summer Markets Are Over

The outdoor market season has ended.  I had a great Spring/Summer/Fall season and once again loved being with my fellow vendors selling at such great markets.  Flamouth continues to be a steady market full of regular and loyal customers.  Often we had 20 or so vendors setting up to sell everything from fresh eggs, baked goods, local raised meats, farm fresh veggies and fruits, handmade cheeses and of course, soap!  Freeport was a bit different.   Full of tourist and day shoppers, my soaps proves to be the perfect items to tuck into travelers shopping bags.  The crowds are a bit different between the two, but I love it just the same.  If you add it all up, I should have attended 50+ markets! I did miss a few due to rain, vacation or personal time.


(This is our market group getting set up outdoors in Freeport)

I'm gearing up for my next market adventure, The Brunswick Winter Market at Ft. Andross in Brunswick.  We vend indoors all winter long in a beautiful old mill on the Androscoggin River. ( In 1809 Industrialist developers of the Brunswick Cotton Manufacturing Company, harnessed the Androscoggin River's power at the Pejepscot Falls and built the first cotton mill in Maine to make yarn).  Starting November 12th and running every Saturday through the end of May.    I have a few weeks off before this starts up, so time for me to catch up and make you lots of soaps!

( Ft. Andross, from Thopsam looking over the river, towards the mill.)

1 comment:

Jennifer Young said...

Can't wait to see pix of your new soaps! xo Jen