Monday, January 18, 2010

Lily of the Valley


I have had some new customers recently that had received my soap at a Holiday gift. They are seeking me out and already requesting more more more. I am making soap as quickly as I can and I am happy to tell you that Lilly of the Valley is on the shelves curing.

I had a good amount of Lily of the Valley growing at the edge of the woods at my childhood home. So fragrant, sweet and beautiful, these delicate little flowers let off a wonderful aroma. My Lily of the Valley soap is very true to the real scent. I made this soap as a special request and after bringing some to market and selling out quickly, made more for the Holidays. Again, special request have brought it back.

Here is some information about Lily of the Valley:

Lily-of-the-valley (Convallaria majalis ), also called May lily.

Its name signifies a "return to happiness" and is quite popular for use in bridal bouquets.

Lily-of-the-valley is traditionally associated with May 1st and commonly sold in the streets of France on this day.

Lily-of-the-valley is also the national flower of Finland.

The flower is also known as 'Our Lady's tears .' According to legend, the tears shed by Mary at the cross turned into lilies of the valley.

Lily-of-the-valley has spear-shaped leaves and white nodding, bell-shaped flowers that appear in spring. These blooms produce an intoxicating, sweet fragrance, making it a popular garden plant.

No comments: