Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Pioneer Woman


My new BFF has a cookbook out. Okay, so she doesn't know that I even exist up here on the coast of Maine. She is after all living on a cattle ranch in Oklahoma with 4 kids and a horse riding husband. But I really like her and I bet we would be fast friends. We couldn't be more different! My husband rides sailboats not horses, I am not a redhead but a brunette (with high lights) and she has a cookbook, I do not! But we have much in common too. I just adore this woman known to many as The Pioneer Woman a.k.a. Ree Drumond.

Visit her blog and you will see why thousands of woman all across the USA are in love with her with, her cooking, her style. She has captured the hearts of us all with her humor and sense of reality. It's a unique blog, started merely as a way to keep her family up to date with the children's lives, pictures and maybe a post or two about life on the ranch. It now has evolved into 5 tabs which you can click on to visit a peek inside her life. Confessions, Cooking, Photography, Home & Garden and Homeschooling (yes, she home schools her 4 kids!) The Pioneer Woman.com

I just received her cookbook via Amazon (click on the left side bar of my blog to check it out on Amazon) due to the sad fact that she is on a fabulous book tour and I can't be there. She will not be coming to Maine, but is keeping herself busy touring and signing books, in the south. You can follow her book tour adventures by clicking on "confessions" on her blog.

Take a minute or two to check her out, I know you won't be disappointed. And tell her Shannon in Maine said hello!

No comments: