Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cranberry Squares


Well the Cranberry-Fig soap that I mixed up the other day got me in the mood for my mom's awesome Cranberry Squares. I baked some up for our annual Farmers Market meeting, and brought some to share with the girls at the bakery where I work as well. Since I can't offer you a taste of the most delicious, tart, easy to make Cranberry Squares EVER, here is the recipe so you can make them yourself. Only 6 ingredients and one bowl, come on, give it a try. It's easy-peasy!

Laura's Super Easy Cranberry Squares

1 1/2 C. Flour

1 1/2 C. Sugar

9 T. Melted Butter (butter is essential for flavor, do not substitute)

2 Eggs, beaten

2 C. Whole Cranberries

1 C. Chopped Walnuts

Grease & Flour a 13x9" pan, set aside. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, mix flour and sugar. Add in melted butter and beaten eggs, mix well. Mixture will be stiff. Add in cranberries and nuts. Stir to combine.

Bake @ 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, until the top is lightly browned. Cool and cut into squares.

Enjoy the flavors of November.

No comments: