Thursday, October 10, 2013

Down East Pumpkin Bread

I've been stirring the soap pot with lots of seasonal soaps...Apple Cider, Pumpkin Spice Scrub, Star Anise and more.  I wish I could eat some of it but, it still taste like soap!   So, I had a craving for Pumpkin Bread and was on the search for a new recipe.

From one of my new favorite blogs, Migonis Home - Living Large In A Small Space.   Down East Pumpkin Bread!  Here in Maine, Down East is a term used often to describe the Northern Coast of Maine.  This bread was something for me to try, as Maine is near and dear to my heard. It was soo delicious!  Nice and moist and full of subtle fall flavors.  I made 1 large loaf and 4 smaller loaves from this recipe. Thank you to Migonis Home for this perfectly fall treat!
 
ALL PHOTOS AND RECIPE ARE FROM THE BLOG AND CREDIT GOES TO MIGONIS HOME - whoops!  It looks like she credited All Recipes here:  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Downeast-Maine-Pumpkin-Bread/


 
Here is the recipe for you to use:

Preheat oven to 350 and grease your choice of pan. 
7x3 pans will take about 50 minutes.
My muffins take about 20-25 minutes depending on how full I fill the tins.
 
Combine these ingredients in a large bowl and mix together:
1 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup of vegetable oil (canola works well too!)
2/3 cup of water
3 cups white sugar
 
In a separate bowl combine:
3.5 cups of unbleached flour
2 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
 
Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl and mix it thoroughly. Pour into baking pans or tins. It will be done when you can stick a knife into the bread and it comes out clean of uncooked batter.

No comments: