Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Strawberry Sauce

The CSA that I belong to has pick-your-own strawberry fields.  Yay!!   
 
 
And while I didn't have the time to take full advantage of the berry season, I did manage to pick about 9 pounds.  Some I ate straight up, some I made into Strawberry Shortcake and some I made into Strawberry Sauce.  I froze this Strawberry Sauce with dreams of a dinner party where I serve homemade vanilla ice-cream and my own fresh strawberry sauce poured over the top. Super easy and delicious, I think I will try it with the raspberries that are coming out soon too.
 
I found the recipe over here: The Kitchn.com (the below picture is courtesy of the site as well)


Easy Strawberry Sauce

1 pound strawberries, hulled and cut into quarters
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Combine the quartered strawberries, granulated sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar has dissolved and the liquid at the bottom of the pan is simmering. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Using a blender or food processor, process the fruit into a smooth sauce. Transfer to a covered container and refrigerate until cool. (Sauce can be made and refrigerated up to 3 days in advance.)

No comments: