Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lavender Soap

One of my top selling soaps is Lavender. So popular, at times I simply can not keep up production to meet demand! Lavender is a classic fragrance, enjoyed by young and old, both men and women.

Lavender has been used for thousands of years. Most often used in perfumery, but also in medicine. I use essential oil of Lavender in my soaps. Essential oils are distilled directly from a plant, leaf, flower, bark etc. using a still and a collection of steam. In the case of Lavender, the stem and flower are used. The Distillation process is a very complex one, on which I will blog about at another time. I do not distill Essential Oils myself, it would require quite a bit of raw product and a lot of space! 1 acre of Lavender will produce approximately 15-20 lbs. of oil in one year.

The scent of Lavender is said to calm the mind, ease stress and tension, aid in relaxation, influence emotions and state of mind.

No comments: