Monday, September 20, 2010

Special Order Soap


I have been working on a special custom soap for a customer.  A while ago I donated a "make your custom soap" gift to the Freeport Historic Society as part of their Spring Fundraiser.  The winner contacted me just a couple of weeks ago.  She chose from a large list of fragrances and stir-ins to make her very own soap.  I recently stirred it all up after she choose, Lemon & Eucalyptus with Poppy Seeds.  It smells divine!
Here is more about the idea:

I was contacted by the Historic Society to see if I would like to donate soap to their auction. After discussing with my contact the ups and downs, ins and outs of soap, we decided on something very different, that I think is very very cool.

The winner would work with me to design their own soap bar. I would give them a list of fragrances, stir in's like oatmeal, poppy seeds, seaweed and they create their own signature, personal bar of soap! But they don't get just one bar, the will received 14 bars, a full 1/2 batch of soap. This signature batch of theirs will easily last them a full year. They could give it away to friends or keep it all to themselves.

What fun!  This idea was such a hit and well received, I am considering offering it as an option to you! Would you like to create your own soap?

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds neat, but I personally get bored with the same scent all the time. I know some people use the same scent for years but i just can't do it! lol

Casco Bay Soap Co. said...

I have one customer that buys 12 bars of soap, the same fragrance, and he is all set for the year. And then I have another that comes to market just to see what is new and buys the new stuff.
I guess we are all different and that is what makes the world go 'round!
thanks for your comments.
:)
Shannon