Monday, July 29, 2013

No Bake Energy Bites

My hubby and I have been hiking several days a week on our local mountain, Bradbury Mountain.  We always hike before dinner, so we are pretty hungry!  I made up these (and several versions of) No Bake Energy Bites to carry us through the hunger.
 
Find the basic recipe here: http://bakinginsaskatoon.com/2012/10/23/no-bake-energy-bites-by-lynne/ Then, make it your own!  I have added all different nuts and seeds, some chocolate covered sunflower seeds, chocolate chips and more. 
 
 
No-Bake Energy Bites - makes about 25 1-inch balls
 
1 cup old fashioned oats
2/3 cup toasted coconut (I didn't use coconut, hubby doesn't care for it)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup flax seed meal
1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
1/3 cup raw almonds, chopped
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla (I left out the vanilla, I didn't think it needed it)
 
Place all ingredients into a large bowl.
 
With a rubber spatula, mix ingredients together until thoroughly combined.  You could use your hands since you’ll be rolling the dough anyway, but I thought it was just too sticky when first combining the ingredients to do so.
 
Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
Easy peasy!
Store in an air-tight container.
 

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

Yum! Perfect mixture of yumminess and energy. =)