Monday, January 10, 2011

Behind The Scenes, Laundry Detergent

While I work on my new soap studio I also continue to make soap and other products.  I actually have to work by a list of chores and tasks to do or I just may forget something.  It has turned out to be a very busy time of year for me.  Filling wholesale orders, catching up on paperwork, reorganizing etc. etc. etc.  Well, I won't bore you anymore with the details.

Today I was making up pounds and pounds of my Simply Clean Laundry Detergent...I snapped a picture for you to see how big that batches are that I make:


This huge bowl I found at a restaurant-going-out-of-business yard sale.  I love the bowl for simply it's size!  that is a 1/2 Cup size measuring cup in there.  I mix up the detergent and dryer sachets using this behemoth.  The stainless steel is great for easy to clean and low low maintenance, no scents stick to it like it may in a plastic.  I would guess that this is about 16 pounds of detergent.  I mix this several times, by hand and then put it in a larger container for storage or often fill bags so I have product ready on the shelves.  I will also add some essential oils to some of this batch to make a Lemon or a Lavender scented detergent. 

Just thought you might like a peek into the production part of things.

No comments: