Friday, May 14, 2010

Headed out to Bailey Island



I brought my soaps out to this darling little gift shop that is opening up on Bailey Island. I had the most wonderful drive, over hill and dale, as I headed out to the island.



Bailey Island is at the end of a small chain of islands off of Brunswick, Maine. You pass through Great Island, than Orr's Island then Bailey Island. All connected by bridges. I smiled as I saw old farm house, lobster traps piled high in yards, lilacs in full bloom all backed by the sparkling waters of the Atlantic ocean. What a wonderful drive!


The two woman that are opening Sea Side Creations, Betty & Cindy (mother & daughter) were a delight to talk with. They are very excited to offer jewelry, stationary, artwork, and of course SOAP! They even have a little front porch for customers to sit with a cup of coffee and enjoy. I will post some picture of the gift shop, a work in progress, soon.


No comments: