Thursday, September 24, 2009

Maine Common Ground Fair

I am headed to the Common Ground Fair this weekend. Not as a vendor but as a customers. I have never been to this fair and I am really, really (!) looking forward to it. This is not your carnival ride, cotton candy, midway game type of fair. If I had to label this fair to give you an idea of what it will be like, it would be earthy-crunchy. I will, of course, be seeking out the soap makers and see what they may have that is different and new. But I will also be checking out all sorts of sustainable living ideas, farming, best in show tomatoes or cukes, and also tasting some delicious food created right there on sight. Maybe I will be selling my soaps there next year!


Put on by MOFGA, which stands for Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association, here's how they describe it:

The Fair allows fairgoers to make connections with a rapidly expanding base of organic farms in the state of Maine. Hundreds of vendors, exhibitors and demonstrators, more than 1,000 volunteers, and tens of thousands of fairgoers will gather to: share knowledge about sustainable living; eat delicious, organic, Maine-grown food; buy and sell beautiful Maine crafts and useful agricultural products; compete in various activities; dance; sing and have a great time.

No comments: