Monday, February 23, 2009

"14 Carrot" Soap


I have a great new soap! I call it "14 Carrot". I call it this because it is made with carrot juice and it takes 14 carrots to make enough juice for each soap batch! I just finished it up, and I am working on labels. I should have a picture of the soap up on the website soon. It will be available shortly for sale.


This carrot soap is my own 100% veggie blend, hand made soap with the addition of pure carrot juice. The bright orange carrot juice has lent some of it's color to the finished bars of soap. Each bar is a beautiful muted golden yellow.


Carrot juice has vitamin A and Beta Carotene, both are reported as helpful for nourishing the skin. This soap should benefit dry and mature skin. For these reasons, I choose to leave the soap unscented, since fragrance is often what irritates skin. I am currently using this soap to wash my makeup off at the end of the day. As with all my soaps they are facial quality.


I will also be making a Terrific Tomato complexion soap as well (more to come on that later). I am looking forward to seeing the color of "Terrific Tomato" soap. I'm anticipating a light creamy red. I will be creating all sorts of new soaps for you and for the upcoming warm weather Farmers Markets. I have a list of new ideas and projects....there are soo many cool things I can do with soap. Soo much soap, and soo little time!

No comments: