Maybe it's not really cookies "season" but I had a craving for some good homemade cookies and Mr. Casco Bay has been a super awesome husband and I wanted to thank him.....I didn't have any chocolate chips on hand, but did have some peanut butter M&M's in the chest freezer! These came out great!
Thanks to Lovin' From The Oven for the great recipe!My NEW favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
2 cups all-purpose flour
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour. When it’s time, Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely